windows - wood staining - when?

I am getting wood (exterior clad) windows for my house (currently being built). Stain options from the manufacturer were limited so I (or a third party) will be doing it after the delivery. The question is: should I stain the windows before or after installation? Before installation will allow me to access difficult areas but staining in an unfinished building (framing only) during the month of April (Seattle location) might not be the best idea. What are other pros and cons? This is a large set of windows (25+) which are also difficult to transport from place to place. If anyone has someone to recommend for Seattle area (North Bend specifically) I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

Staining the windows in place is not so bad, but you want to stain the trim before it is put up. They all you do is some touchup to the trim. Done that way, you have some protection from the elements once they are in place.
Another consideration is the builder. He may not want you in the way spreading stained windows around while they are trying to do other work. Talk to him.
Thanks for the suggestion. Makes perfect sense. I am the gen. contractor for my house building project (and still no going bold :-) so staining during the project will not be an issue. Thx again