staining wood fillers

hey guys , yous have always been able to help me in the past , i hope so again, i have just made a jewelry box for my sons wedding ,they wanted for the ring bearer to carry the rings down to them and them for there jewelry latter as well. now i have a few flaws in the box , and would like to touch them up with wood filler, i remember some time ago i tried it with pine and the stain didn't absorb into it and left real light coloured marks where i had touched up, this box is oak and i did a test fill on some scrap and the same thing happened , now is there a filler out there that will accept the stain. thanks fred h

Reply to
fred

Stain before filling, put one coat of sealer on, then match filler to what you see. This is the only way to insure a match, IMHO. Finish the last coats like normal.

Reply to
Morgans