Why is it that ....................

Page 1 of 2
I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All they had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.
They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but he would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.
Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.
Sheesh.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Hi. That is so annoying! I don't know where you live, but if you live in an area of the country where they have Angie's List, I recommend joining it. Angie's List (AL) is an organization that lists and rates service people, repair people, and similar organizations. The homeowners who are members of Angie's List rate and grade the service people. You can read the reports on the Internet or call the Angie's List telephone number and have them help you. The companies listed on AL are not allowed to rate themselves and they cannot pay to be on the list. The list is based solely on feedback from homeowners who are members of AL.
I joined AL this year. So far, I've used about five of the services recommended by my local Angie's List, and overall, I'm very pleased. The only one I had reservations about was the plumber I chose. I spent a long time researching and reading member-reports on many of the plumbers listed. Even the highly rated ones were not so well rated as far as price. The plumber I chose was very expensive, and I'm still uncertain whether I would recommend them. As I said, every other business has been very good to excellent, and they were all very prompt. A couple of them called me a few minutes before they arrived to tell me they were on their way.
The Angie's List website is: www.angieslist.com. Their telephone number is 1-888-715-3941. If you do have an Angie's List office in your area, they will have a local phone number as well.
least you got to talk to a human when you phoned......most of the time its press 1, press 2, press 3, press 4.....how does any business ever get done? And besides my time is just as valuable as theirs.....why do I have to listen to all the ^&%^%&^%& options?
If you're caught in one of those abortions, try just hitting 'O'. A lot of times that will break through to a person who can direct your call.
Charlie

americans are stupid&lazy by design and nature, that is why the chinese took over all industry.

they
he
Americans can't be that stupid, they're a bunch of bullys but they aren't stupid. I would say that the Canadians are the stupid ones by statistics, design, evolution etc. etc. Dumb fucks couldn't even keep the French out of the damn smelly place, but wait a minute the French are just as stupid.

We can spell "bullies" correctly, though.
Plonk!

NickySantoro wrote:

You really seem to have a spelling fetish.

You know, Nick, at times people have accused me of having a spelling fetish. I don't think I do, I just like to read words spelled correctly.
We have many people ranting and raving here about politics, morality, and all manner of things, yet they can't use the words their/they're or your/you're correctly. And when it comes to capitalization or correct spelling, they seem to think that if they spell it so that it looks like what they want to say, it is okay. They can't even use a SpellChecker, because that involves a series of moves that requires intelligence and logic.
How can anyone present a credible plausible point of view using such methods? I mean, if they didn't pay attention enough in spelling class (which is easy), how are they going to learn politics, history, current events, international agreements, and the like. They surely would have slept through those classes or just failed them all together. Anyone who can't spell surely can't understand foreign trade policies.
Most who post here who can't conjugate verbs, spell correctly, or use proper grammar and syntax are just adolescents with a mind full of opinions, bias and anger. The others are past 21, and their minds are in the same condition because of lack of education or attention to news and current events. Most are bitter because they don't have the education they need to go out and live the lifestyle they think they are entitled to by merely being an American citizen. Someone in another country is always "stealing" their job, or an evil corporation is taking advantage in some way.
Yet, they ignore the fact that they have two helping hands, one at the end of each of their arms. All they need to do is have the brain to make the left one and the right one work together. But alas. They are too busy watching MTV, playing video games, getting stoned, skateboarding, or sleeping to make it happen.
Just say no to them, ignore them.
Don't feed the illiterate ignorant trolls. (ignorance - those who don't want to learn)
Steve
SteveB wrote:
<kicked over Stevie's soapbox>

Blow it out your ass, useless.

Then there are the ones who vocabulary is limited to words like "Asswipe", "Fucking Idiot", "Fucking Blowhard", etc., etc. They preach all kinds of things on the newsgroup yet they are the biggest violaters and detriment to the group.
JerryL wrote:

But all of those names fit you so appropriately.

Yes. You are. Go find somewhere else to set up your political soapbox, pussy.

You know, you were not here for about a week and it was so nice. People asked questions and others replied in a civil manner. Your problem is that you have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brains. If you can't say something nice and contructive why don't you keep your hands off the keys and back up your ass where they belong.
JerryL wrote:

Your nose is in the way. STFU and just chase the little ball, bitch.
BTW, it's flattering that you counted the days until I got back, but as hard as you try I'm not gay so I won't be joining you and SteveB for a felch party at your local motel 6.
Look it up asswipe.

These newsgroups are marvelous. They allow idiots like you, who would never dare open a mouth in public or face to face with someone else, a forum to show the world their ignorance. You can hide behind the keyboard and spout your stupidity without the fear that someone will knock you on your ass. I wonder how brave you are facing a real human and calling them an asswipe. Crawl back in your trolling hole and let reasonable people communicate with each other in a social and informative way.

Thank you Jerry. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one getting irritated. Mr. Hensley seems to have this obsession with me, and will answer everything I write, even when it is to others. I expect him to comment on this. But at least he's in the killfile, and I don't see all his stuff. Like pigeons, though, you can tell he's been somewhere.............
Steve
wrote

It appears he only logs on for a short period of time to spit his venom then logs off. I guess his mother comes home from work and chases him off the computer. I have never seen such a negative and nasty person on here. He discourages the other users from posting a question or remark which is what we're all here for.
JerryL wrote:

You boyees should get a room. Your slobbering all over each other is embarrassing the 'straight' partrons.
wrote

You need to just kill file them and ignore them. After a while, they get bored and go back to their Gameboys...
(I know, I know....I have been guilty of feeding trolls before too)

You are right except even if you killfile him you see his stupid replies quoted in other messages.