Whole House Attic Fan control

I have a 22 year old home with ceiling mounted whole house fan. A 24" Emerson direct drive motor. The variable spped control no longer works properly and I can only get operation at high speed. I have searched all over and cannot find a replacement control. Does anybody know where I might find one of these or a suitable replacement.
Thanks for any help

Mine has a variable speed control in the switch. Is that what you are looking for? If so it is like a heavy duty dimmer. Be sure to get one rated to handle the horsepower of the motor. www.mcmaster.com www.grainger.com
bakroenig had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Whole-House-Attic-Fan-control-64345-.htm : I was searching for help with a variable speed controller for an attic fan and came across this post. I know it is old but we have a 22 year old attic fan with an Emerson variable speed controller that is no longer working. We are having a hard time find a replacement. Has anyone had any luck in repacing these? Thanks!
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 356656 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##