Whirlpool Washer Balance Ring Clip

I have a six year old Whirlpool Washer. I noticed one side of the upper balance ring seems separated from the top of the inner basket. There was a clip laying in the bottom of the tb. The washer seems to work all right as long as i do fairly small loads. I haven't figured out an easy way to reattach the clip or even if i need to.

Thanks,

Bill Coffelt

Reply to
Bill Coffelt

Hi Bill,

There's not a really easy way to reattach these clips. Whirlpool has had some problems with these. I've been trying to locate the service bulletin on it, but can't come up with it at the moment.

They've come out with a redesigned clip that holds the balance ring more tightly. The part number I have here is 8519815, but I can't tell if that's the orignal or improved version.

Keep an eye on this. If any more clips come off, you'll have to pull the ring and reattach, bending the clips tighter - or ordering the new ones. There were 8 clips used on most models, and if more than two come off, you'll have further problems with this.

Strangely, the way they're currently priced, it's actually cheaper to buy the balance ring as an assy, which comes with the clips, than to buy the clips separately.

The cabinet gets pulled (not as hard as it sounds) and, once the tub ring's off (also not that difficult), it's pretty easy to see how these clips fit.

Let me know if this happens and you need to do this. I'll be happy to walk you through it. Just be sure to include your model number, located on a tag under the lid.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish