Whirlpool/Kenmore front load washer

Regarding the HE3 washer sold by Sears and the similar whirlpool frontloader, it seems to me that it has a signficant gotcha. Instructions are very specific that if you use more than 1/3 cup of bleach you will ruin your clothes. I assume it is because it will siphon into the tub from the dispenser. Yet it is also normal, they say, for the dispenser to have left over water in them. I don't use bleach often but after putting soap in the soap dispenser I went to add 1/3 cup of bleach to the bleach dispensor. Luckily I noticed that the bleach dispenser was filled with water from the last wash otherwise I believe I would have ruined the laundry. Anyone else run into this? Is my conclusion correct?

Reply to
Art Begun

If you do that, it will squeak and rattle-- just like your Avalon;-)

Doc

Reply to
Doc

I own a Kenmore front load washer and never use the bleach dispenser. I just pour the amount of bleach I need to use in the empty drum and then I put the clothes in, lock the door, fill the detergent and softener dispenser and start the wash. Never had a problem in the two years I've owned the washer because the bleach passes through the holes in the drum and it gets mixed with the water before touching the clothes). HTH.

Reply to
Turandot

What drum are you talking about?

dispenser. I just pour

water before

Reply to
Art Begun

Maybe the washer is designed to only dilute that amount of the bleach and anything more may go straight onto the clothing undiluted? That would probably not be good for clothing!

Since most front load washer flush the various dispensers with water to get the cleaning agents into the tub, there may be residual water left in the drawers which customers may be concerned about? Better to advise them in advance and not wait for confused user's phone calls for service?

I don't think that would be normal (but don't know the washer's design very well). Maybe the dispenser isn't draining normally? I myself wouldn't expect more than water *remnance* after a wash has completed.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~