Whirloop oven strange behavior of oven lights

Hi all-

Got a strange one for you.

We moved into a 5 yr old house about 6 months ago. Have a Whirlpool built in electric oven, model RBS305PDB8. Works quite well, still looks to be in "as-new" condition.

Periodically, at random times, sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month, sometimes multiple times a day, when the oven is not in use and the door is closed, the 2 lights inside the oven will flash on and off (on for 1 second, off for 1 second, repeat) until we open and close the oven door.

I called Whirlpool, but they hadn't ever heard of this problem (But then again, the guy told me to make sure the bulbs weren't burned out. If they were burned out, they couldn't be flashing!!).

I've tried pushing the door closed (in case it was slightly opened) when this happens, but that doesn't seem to work. I need to open and then close the door to make it stop.

I found a website with error codes for Whirlpool ovens, but they all appear on the lcd display, not by flashing the oven lights.

Has anyone ever experienced this before or have any suggestions?

Kindly, Ken

Reply to
nntp.post

Give this a peak..