Which wire type?

Hi,
I can't find my "wiring simplified". I am planning on running a circuit outside in PVC conduit. I can't remember the specs for the wiring inside the conduit. 15A, 12 GA, but what wire?
Thanks
jmgreen snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Better find that book. 12ga is normally used on 20A circuits....
I'd prefer to use 12 GA for the distance/voltage drop thing. That in the book too.

Total run, about 50 feet one way. I didn't realise I could burn my dirt by using 12 ga on a 15A circuit. I thought I was OK with bigger wire... What I was looking for was THHN or THWN.
Make sure it's the stranded wire. Solid wire is for penny pinching contractors.

No problem going heavier on the wire, just not lighter! Greg

This is Turtle.
If You like I can send you a wire type chart and conduit type chart for wire types if you like. Just send me a E-mail and I will return it that way.
TURTLE
Use THHN/THWN conductors. They will sell them to you by the foot at the BORG. If this is a 120v circuit get white, black and green.
On 8 Mar 2005 19:22:39 -0800, jmgreen snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Or you could just look it up on the internet, like this: http://www.solenergy.org/pdf/PV301/WireRatings.pdf
Which will tell you, among other things, what the various letter-combinations mean, like: T     Thermoplastic insulation H     75C (Note: lack of "H" indicates 60C) HH     90C N     Nylon jacket W     Moisture resistant R     Rubber insulation U     Underground use USE     Underground Service Entrance * UF     Underground Feeder * SE     Service Entrance * -2     90C and wet