Which BernzoMatic Torch Head?

I am trying to decide between the BernzoMatic TS3000 & TS4000.
The 4000 seems much more convenient it turns on and off automatically and it can use both propane and MAPP gases. The problem is you cannot regulate the flame. I've never had a torch that you could not regulate the flame. I use it for general purpose projects and it seems like I need to adjust the flame to the purpose. Maybe not. I also use a torch with various tips -- soldering, blow torch tip, paint removal (flame spreader). What do you think about this issue -- how important is the ability to adjust the flame?
-- jim

You can buy a separate flow regulator (On-OFF valve) that you put between the nozzle and source of gas.
After using MAPP for awhile, I've never gone back to propane. But you could own two torches.
jim evans wrote:

2006 08:58:27 -0500, jim evans wrote:

Not sure how useful an adjustable flame is, but the BernzOmatic TS7000 is essentially the TS4000 with adjustable flame. It's about another $15, but harder to find - you might have to order it over the Web.
--
Seth Goodman

jim evans wrote:

I use my TS4000 with MAPP for everything from soldering plumbing to starting charcoal to crusting creme brulee and have never found any need for an adjustable flame, or to use propane. You just vary the torch distance from the target to control the heat input. The MAPP tanks last so long that the slight gas savings you might get from throttling the flame is pretty much irrelevant.
Pete C.

I'm not trying to save gas. I throttle the flame back on my manual torch in order to use it with the soldering tip and the flame spreader to strip paint.
-- jim
jim evans wrote:

There are better tools for both those tasks. Heavy soldering should be done with an electric iron or gun generally and the handheld IR paint strippers or vacuum attached power sander type strippers are better.
Pete C.

But then you have to buy and store 3 occasional use tools instead of one.
-- jim
jim evans wrote:

That must be my problem, and why I need (and have) a forklift in my home shop.
Pete C.