bernzomatic torches: where have they gone?

Hi,

I just wondered what had happened to bernzomatic torches. They were stocked in all the sheds until recently and I thought they were well regarded on this group. At first I thought the sheds had switched to a cheaper supplier but using google I can find few places selling them; most hits seem to be to "no longer available" or "discontinued" pages. I thought bernzomatic were part of the Irwin giant, so I would be surprised if they had gone out of business. What happened and what torch do you recommend for the odd end feed plumbing fitting (15 and

22mm, nothing huge.

TIA

Reply to
Fred

Sure I saw some in B&Q not long ago...

Rothenberger do some equally nice torches.

Reply to
John Rumm

Heck, even a crappy torch will do the odd plumbing fitting.

Reply to
Clive George

I bought a Rothenberger SureFire2, and it's *fantastic*, chalk and cheese compared to propane/butane torches (it uses MAPP Pro gas).

They are a hunk of cash compared to cheapie torches, but if you can justify it over the long term, you will love the instantaneous full power and the clout to reflow even 28mm joints and/or wet(drained) pipes in a very few seconds.

Reply to
dom

gonzo. victor has torches available high quality & pricey profesinal quality for the pro not for the home user unless you got the bucks. will last forever. check out turbo torch by victor.

Reply to
rickpuds7