Where to buy 3x5 pads

Page 2 of 2
| Trader Joe's will soon no longer be on our weekly shopping list | because they've CHOSEN to stop supplying us with the products | that we enjoyed; we found alternatives at other stores -- and don't | hesitate to tell our friends of these experiences (TJ's just | rebrands other peoples' products, for the most part). |
Yes, and they don't care about quality. It's a discount store with a boutique theme. I buy a few things there, but try to avoid the store brands. A good example of their low quality was in the news recently: A recall of frozen vegetables due to listeria. The product was produced by a factory operation called CRF Frozen Foods. TJs was on the recall list (along with dozens of other brands) for their organic frozen vegetables. They claim they're organic, but it's all coming from the one big wholesaler, and not all of CRF products are organic. So how is it that their organic corn and regular corn both got listeria taint?
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm498841.htm
Awhile back it was tainted peanut butter. Again, TJs was on a big list of stores. It turned out that TJs peanut butter was just a TJ-labeled bottle of a product from another big food manufacturer, known as Big Nut. :)
On 6/4/2016 4:58 PM, Mayayana wrote:

Costco also had products affected by the recall. And, I'm sure other "store brands" were affected.
TJ's *always* has something listed for recall. And, since everything they sell is consummable, it's sad that folks don't notice more.
Costco also has a long list of recalls at any time. But, as they sell a variety of products, there's fewer (proportionately) that are food.
A difference is that Costco notified us -- by phone AND mail -- of the recall (based on our purchase history). TJ's assumes you'll discover on your own (no "membership" list that they can consult).
Our TJ purchases have dwindled to avocados (which tend to be better than the local grocers; and smaller purchase quantity than Costco forces on you!), some cheeses and fresh spinach. If the stores weren't "on the route" that we routinely take when doing our shopping, we could easily skip them in favor of other suppliers (as we've done with the other items that we used to purchase at TJ's).
We're not teenagers looking to kill time "shopping". Instead, its a CHORE that we want out of the way as quickly as possible -- more interesting things to do with our time than "buy stuff"! So, if a product's availability is uncertain, we'd rather find another vendor that is more reliable -- or another product.
The most recent "dropped product" was TJ's veggie chili. After waiting for months for it to "come in" (SWMBO doesn't eat it frequently enough to make it a "priority" purchase), we went looking for alternatives.
And, found the exact same chili marketed as "Amy's" -- down to the same photograph on the label, etc. "Gee, we can buy Amy's at several different stores! Why wait for TJ's to get their act together?"
TJ's never *did* get their act together. Instead, brought in a different product (many many months later). SWMBO tasted a "sample" and said, "I'll stick with Amy's". One LESS thing driving us to stop at TJ's each week...

email.me:

Me too!
I still have a few that I've been trying to conserve. 3 x 5 spiral pads are the closest I can find. OK, but...
They used to be available everywhere - WalMart, Staples, dollar stores, etc. but no more. I wonder why they evidently quit making tham.
On 6/3/2016 9:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:

One of the few things I miss about work since I retired... having to buy my own home office supplies now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Scratch-Pads-Unruled-3-x-5-White-180-100-Sheet-Pads-UNV35623-/201280805405?hash=item2edd455a1d:g:N2cAAOSwNSxU06f9
Group purchase?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Scratch-Pads-Unruled-3-x-5-White-210-100-Sheets-Direct-From-The-Factory-/331736783562?hash=item4d3d0d9aca:g:MdsAAOSweuxWS9~z
Not quite as many.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Scratch-Pads-Blank-3x5-White-100-Sheets-per-Pad-Made-in-USA-/331670884413?hash=item4d3920103d:g:F4cAAOSwpDdVCZ41
Buck a pad is a bit steep, but what you gonna do?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Scratch-Pads-Unruled-3-x-5-White-100-Sheets-Direct-From-The-Factory-/331731620866?hash=item4d3cbed402:g:u-gAAOSwZ1lWevq0
Half a buck each, a bit better.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1200-SHEET-12-Pack-3x5-Sticky-Notes-Self-Stick-Pad-Yellow-Lot-Paper-Book-Post-it-/131744287634?hash=item1eac924b92:g:VBcAAOSwgQ9ViHx8
Post it note format.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I attended a Square Dance convention, and the publisher of a Square Dance magazine ("Bow & Swing") was giving away 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" note pads with their logo as advertisement.
It seems that their main business was as a print shop, and publishing the magazine was a sideline to support their hobby. Perhaps you can find what you want at a local print shop.
You might also search for "sticky notes", although you will find more responses for a computerized version!
Fred

One or two charities send me pads in the mail about once a year. That's as much as I use.
They're good but if I try to take notes on page 3, say, it's likely to come out of the pad. So I have a stack of loose pages I've only written one line on.
On 2016-06-03 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:

I used to work for a printing company, we mainly did continuous and laser cut sheets, but would do padding if a client wanted it. The problem for you going that route, there may be way more pads than you can use in your lifetime in a minimum order.
--
Froz....

Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking for cards and I don't want to order from a print shop. I just want to find a sotre that sells basic supplies, if any still exists. These things are typically about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just simple white paper with glue binding.
On 6/3/2016 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:

You can waste $20 worth of gasoline driving around looking or:
http://smile.amazon.com/Ampad-20-208-Evidence-Perforated-Writing/dp/B0017DCQCE
On 6/3/2016 10:08 AM, Mayayana wrote:

My Dad used to buy from http://www.quill.com/search?keywords=3+x+5+pads+&x "&y&scfHe had a couple dozen pads as you describe. They got shot out when my sister cleaned the house earlier this year. I am sorry. Sorry for me, too, I might have used them.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Amazon and Ebay but I get the buy at home for something like that. The local grocery store?

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:08:36 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/811440/Mead-Wirebound-Top-Opening-Memo-Book/
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:08:36 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

Take a ream of paper to your local copy shop and have them pad it and cut into whatever size you need.
At the office, instead of putting paper in the recycle bin, we keep the sheets that are printed on one side for pads. Easy way is to jog a stack so that the sides are flush, put a couple of bricks on top near one edge, and paint the edge with white glue. Then when it's dry, separate it into pads. If you want it cut down, the copy shop can do that for you cheap.
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:44:58 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

You used to be able to buy bottles of padding cement. I had a pad of $2 bills I carried in a check book for tips. Just peel them off.

My Dad did that with singles, one time. Got some really strange looks from people.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
| Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price. | http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/811440/Mead-Wirebound-Top-Opening-Memo-Book/
They do have several 3x5 pad options. Maybe I'll check a local Office Depot. They're scarce around here, but they do exist. Oddly, there seems to ba a Staples on every corner but I always find OD to have better prices and better selection.
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 22:28:02 -0400, "Mayayana"

http://www.staples.com/Ampad-Mini-Notepads-3-x-5-Legal-Rule-White-50-Sheets-Pad-3-Pads-Pack-20-201-/product_420578

Not sure where you're looking but they're still commonly available:
http://tinyurl.com/hf3xbc9
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
http://tinyurl.com/zsu46lo
Do a Google search for "3x5 note pad" or "3x5 scratch pads".
Heck, I've even seen small packs at the local grocery stores.

Are these what you're looking for?
http://tinyurl.com/zprt9up