Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

Page 3 of 3

I had one like that; left it in Vermont. The nozzle on the one I bought to replace it is pretty flexible. I don't spill anything, even with a full can and it shuts off before overflowing the tank, as long as I stick it far enough in. Other than no good cap on the nozzle, it's fine. It seems none have a good cap anymore.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 12, 1:17 am, Brent <beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied- Address.invalid> wrote:

AFAIK, they're required by the EPA everywhere in the USA. Along with a fine of $150 per each non-compliant can sold by any retailer. That's why you can't find the non-compliant ones anymore. FWIW, EPA does not regulate the nozzle design, just the specs it must meet. Therefore, the crappy ones we're seeing could be made much better if the manufacturers get enough complaints. Google EPA and portable fuel containers.
Red
Add pictures here
✖

Seems like a great business opportunity - sell just the old style nozzle. They can't tap you for selling an unapproved container. Don't even reference gas - call it water or just liquid.
Add pictures here
✖
Robert Neville wrote:

Businesses who want to wrestle in the mud with Carol Browner sign up now. Death match too; she has the IRS on her side. Good luck.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

True... Best to put a big disclaimer on the ad - "Not To Be Used for Gas Containers". That should surely solve the problem.
Add pictures here
✖

That's what we have up here in Canada. I'm seeing California-approved 1.5 gallon gas cans with what /must/ be CARB-approved nozzles. I say "must" because of how extraordinarily difficult it is to manipulate them so that they will actually dispense gasoline.
And right next to them on the shelf are the old-style corrugated yellow nozzles for about $4 each. They're a perfect fit in place of the difficult nozzles. Alongside are sold the little caps you use to seal off the cap when the nozzle is inverted for storage.
Actually, the yellow nozzles aren't precisely the old-style, as they now incorporate a small vent tube immediately above the delivery tube. The vent tube would be necessary on account of the fact that the can itself has no vent hole at its rear.
The brand-name on all of the above is "Scepter".
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

Somebody's already doing that! <http://cgi.ebay.ca/Scepter-JERRY-GAS-CAN-SPOUT-3629-08562-yellow-parts-NEW_W0QQitemZ350362348284QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20100604?IMSfp=TL100604149001r11165
The product and package shown is the very same one I see for $4 (full-retail) pretty much everywhere up here.
Go to it, guys!
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖
AFAIK, they're required by the EPA everywhere in the USA. Along with a fine of $150 per each non-compliant can sold by any retailer. That's why you can't find the non-compliant ones anymore
Picked up two 5 GAL (there were more) at a Mobile Home park "sidewalk sale" last Spring. $ 1.50 and $ 2.00 ea. Got some DIAZINON for FREE too ! Still factory sealed
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/12/2010 1:17 AM, Brent wrote:

consignment and farm auctions
--
Steve Barker
✖
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:17:36 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

Looks like nobody can sell 5-gallon non CARB gasoline jerry jugs anymore: http://www.boatus.com/foundation/Findings/FoundationFindings43/FF43Web.pdf
But, get this, if the can is SIX gallons, it's exempt from the onerous regulations!
So the question isn't where can we get non-CARB gasoline cans ... but where can we get decent six-gallon gasoline cans!
Add pictures here
✖