Evaporative cooling patio misters

Summer's here, and I'm thinking again about those misting nozzle systems for cooling the patio area. I'm looking into some sort of professional system, not your $29 toy store variety. I've researched these things enough to believe that any mister nozzle that's fine enough to work, is going to clog with mineral deposits from tap water in a very short time. So I'd like to feed the thing RO water. Anyone installed a system with a dedicated RO supply? I haven't done the calculations yet as far as GPM. Any recommendations or feedback on any aspect of this topic is welcome.

Reply to
Smitty Two

What is RO???

Reply to
hrhofmann

hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote: ...

reverse osmosis I presume...

--

Reply to
dpb

I don't think RO will provide enough water pressure?

A whole house filter would help with minerals, etc. and then occasionally change the filter as needed.

Sample:

Oren

If so, find one with a clear case. Easily allows fast inspection.

Reply to
Oren

Ro will expensive to do, Price out cost per gallon, A cheap inline filter and cleaning heads is once in a while is probably what you will end up doing.

Reply to
ransley

You know I see people and many pro's to try invent something that is not new. However using mist water to cool is not for any place that Humidity goes perhaps over 40% RH and we all know that unless you living someplace in desert that will not be a case. So in my opinion you are playing with yourself! Sorry

Reply to
Grumpy

Rectal Overflow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or the condensate from AC system.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You get tagged out on second.

The OP needs water pressure for the misters.

Reply to
Oren

My wife wanted one of these systems. Nothing else would do. I commented that they caused white from evaporated water, and her comment was that she hadn't seen white in any of the restaurant areas that we had been to where they were used.

So, we got some. Fast forward a hundred bucks and a year later. White calcified markings all over the underside of our new steel awning that looks like shit. Clogged misters even though we used the filter. Cracked tubing even though we drained it for the winter.

That one is going elsewhere, out to my shop area, and I would never have another, or suggest that anyone buy or use them unless it is in a grassy area, or some other type of area where one would not care if it all got white from evaporated water.

And yeah, I hear all the arguments for reverse osmosis systems to provide pure water and all that, but now you're getting up into some real money for a huhdred or two hundred feet of misters, all the stuff that goes with them, plus the cost of a water purification system.

Just me, but I would never have another.

I'll never say I told you so, but I may say that I said that would happen.

Steve

Visit my site at

SteveB

With comments like that you do not make a good presentation for Jesus or the Mormon Church

Reply to
hrhofmann

Does it have better water that behaves differently than "normal" cheaper water? Steve

Visit my site at

SteveB

Gee, Coach, and I was trying so hard!

(OP can get a cistern and RV type pump with pressure switch if needed.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One man's opinion. So noted.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Expensive water might work better. Who knows? A customer and his money are soon parted.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon