When do you need new miter saw blade?

Is there a way to visually inspect the blade of a miter saw and know if it needs replacement? Do the carbide tips of the blade change in appearance when the blade becomes dull? How do you tell when you need a new blade?
--
NOTE: Please delete the word "REMOVE" from my e-mail address when replying.
This is a spam guard.

If any of the carbide teeth are missing, it should be repaired or replaced. If it is not cutting well, is should be sharpened or replaced. A good blade is worth paying $25 or so to have sharpened. Good blades cost from $50 to $150. Good blades make for a smooth cut, no chip out. Some of the best are Forrest, Freud. Avoid cheap brands like Vermont American except for the roughest of cutting.
Ed
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:21:03 -0500, "Dave K."

If you are like my neighbor you wait until the smoke coming off the wood is so thick you can't see the cut.<g>
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:21:03 -0500, "Dave K."

    If you have to ask, you probably need a new blade.
    The easiest thing to do is to go buy a new blade. Before you install it, make a cut with the old one. Install new blade make a similar cut on the same board. If you feel a difference, you need a new blade. If there is no difference, put the old one back on and keep the new one until the old one gives out.
     Keeping the blade sharp will prolong the life of the saw. It's worth the money to change the blade often.
                Peter
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:21:03 -0500, "Dave K."

You can tell by the feel of the cut. If your cut is smooth and easy, it's fine. I use several different blades depending on rough or finish work, and a dull coarser blade will cut a 2x4 with similar resitance to a new 80 tooth blade.
Jeff