What would you do?

:My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet when I :come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle coming up :the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get home about 3 in :the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and there's absolutely :nothing wrong with my garage door! : :This coming from a guy with a stack of lawnmowers in his back yard, tarps :all over the place, plywood laying around. Basically, he has a dump! I know :one of the neighbors called the city on him. : :Besides holding myself back from punching this idiot in the face, I'm about :to join the rest of the neighbors, in an effort to run this jerk out of :town. : :What would you do?
Honestly, I wouldn't punch him out. In fact I wouldn't act angry with him. I'd just tell him that "yeah, at 3:00 in the morning it's a good idea to not make much noise" and that you will try to do that. You say you already do that, so what skin is it off your ass to say that? He's within his rights to ask you. You think he's being a jerk or showing the crevices in his brain by asking you, and so be it. You won't solve either of your problems by going off on the guy about this.

Quit trollin and move on
Major D. wrote:

Calm down, smile and nod, and just ignore the idiot.