What's a good brand for a tankless electric water heater?

I'm thinking about replacing my old gas water heater with a tankless electric model.

I would like to know if anyone could comment on good and bad brands.

I was looking at the SETS brand at

since they have a lifetime warranty on parts, but there is also Takagi, Seisco and others. Anyone have experience to recommend some or tell me some to stay away from?

Thanks! Ted

Reply to
Ted Swirsky

TakagI and Bosch are good, Seisco ive heard of someone wih trouble unresolved, but it may cost you more to operate than Ng even though gas is much higher. Few areas of the country have cheap electric. You need to figure your utility costs, for me electric would have to drop from

12 kwh to maybe .07-.08kwh to compare to ng even at its higher price. Look into a gas tankless I went with Bosch im happy with the savings an performance. You may need to run a bigger gas ling to the tankless.
Reply to
m Ransley

I was looking into these about 6 months ago. I live in a big city and found there were no parts available locally. I also found in my area that very few are installed. I went with a conventional gas heater and am happy I did.

The electric consumption scared the hell out of me at 0.12kw. Some manufactures even recommended a service change for their units.

Reply to
SQLit

Even if it was cheaper to run than Ng, a small Bosch requires a 120a circuit. Not many people have 120a free in their service, my service is only 100a with maybe 40a free

Reply to
m Ransley