What material to use for a two piece tub?

I am ripping out a one piece tub and replacing it with a new tub and surround. I'm on a tight budget but still want decent quality. The more I look the more options I have...three and five piece surrounds, acrylic, high-gloss something or others, Swanstone, Veritek, who knows. I believe right now my tub is attached to the studs. The bottom is cracking up because it was installed without any support beneath it, and it's a horrid beige anyway. Through the years I have been able to scrub it with anything, and the surface looks fine, so I'd like to get something somewhat scrubable...not some sissy finish that needs to be handled with chamois cloth and waxed and polished, and ends up ruined when Grandma comes to visit, does me a favor and scrubs it with Comet. I can't make up my mind...any stories out there to help me?