What is a "mailbox house"?

What is a "mailbox house"? Is it simply a small house?
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:06:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack W) wrote:

No, that would be a postage stamp house. I'll be here all week.

I'll return in a week.
:p
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:06:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack W) wrote:

You mean "Mail-Order House"?
later,
tom
Jack W wrote:

Hi, I was thinking the mail box looking like a house on rural mail route. 30V generator? AC or DC? What's it used for?
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:06:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack W) wrote:

How about a house that IS a mailbox? I've seen one of those around here. The mail carrier pushes letters through a hole in the front door. The mail arrives as a pile on the floor (and you learn that it isn't ALL trash).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:06:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack W) wrote:

Its more likely a small business where another person or business can maintain a proxy mailing address that is not the person's residence or his place of employ. Thus you can live in a dump or in your car. But you will have a street address in some posh district of town to receive your snailmail and parcels.
http://images.scrippsweb.com/HGTV/2006/03/30/hwth105_a_e.jpg ?
MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC wrote:

Where the %$(" did you find that one?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Com'on Joey, read the URL............. What I'd like to know is what the ""%$(""" Dia duit.....means? Joseph Meehan wrote:

sky wrote:

Let me re-word that, "How did you find it?"

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph.......I didn't realize you were Irish Dia duit Joseph Meehan wrote:

sky wrote:

I missed part of your first reply. I take it you now know what it means for the the rest, a rough translation is "God be with you" or "God is with you" It is a multipurpose greeting. It can substitute for either hello or goodbye.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Google: mailbox + house
About the fifth entry down, "Parisian Palace..."
This particular house is in my town (Houston).
"Because of all the junk mail we get..."
On 8 Jul 2006 10:46:53 -0700, "MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC"
Some people are aware of the numerous security problems on the internet, and don't follow a link given with no explanation at all.
unknown wrote:

This one is safe and it is a photo of an interesting "mailbox house" Hard to describe, but very clear when you see it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:14:23 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Why hard to describe? It's a 2 1/2 story sheet metal barrel vault building that looks vaguely like a USPS mailbox.

With the exception of being confronted with an offensive image, just what ARE the risks of simply clicking on a link, if any?
--
:)
JR

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 21:20:53 -0500, Jim Redelfs

One is unexpected Java (and ActiveX if you use IE) scripts that install malware on your computer.
Also, someone could be collecting your IP for spam purposes. There seems to be no limit to unethical behavior.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 21:20:53 -0500, Jim Redelfs

If the thing is an executable, and your web-browser is something smart enough to execute it but too stupid not to, then clicking on any link gives control of your computer to whoever's on the other end.