What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?

Ah, I see. Similar, but probably different.

My "stuff" grows wild in balls dotted all over the place.

Danny D.

If I were a small mammal or rodent, and I saw dripping water under a bush when it hasn't rained in six months, I'd use it as a water fountain - and - if it were dry most of the time, I'd chew at it too, in order to get a few more drops of water.

So, I guess I need to bury my line once I fix it.

Reply to
Danny D.

Nope. There are two systems, separated by a huge backflow preventer valve which pops up out of the ground in a reverse-U shape.

The first branch of well water feeds the irrigation and fire suppression system; and then the second branch feeds the house.

Reply to
Danny D.

UPDATE:

I took one of the simplest routes possible; just to see if it would work.

I glued a slip-to-MHT (male hose thread) directly onto the tubing friction fitting, using lots of the PVC solvent (since it was a loose fit, probably because God never intended me to glue a fitting on the outside of the tubing friction fitting):

Mostly I did it this way because, if the tubing press fitting isn't actually made of PVC, and if it therefore fails, I'll just cut it all off and, by doing so, only lose one fitting in the test.

Interestingly, using normal PVC primer & glue, it *seems* to be holding up.

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

Reply to
Danny D.

I think so. They have long tufts that eventually fall off. I don't bother removing them because they don't hurt anything.

Reply to
Danny D.

Lucky you. What nntp client are you using? Mine (Pan) just shows the URL. Nothing else. So I have to click on each and every photo to see them.

Maybe I should switch nntp clients to what you're using.

Reply to
Danny D.

Yikes. It was only about 95 or so here in the Silicon Valley, and

*that* is blazing hot (for us)!
Reply to
Danny D.

Here is a picture I snapped today of the grass that might be foxtail:

There *are* "plumes" and the grass grows in clumps.

They're kind of blue, when well watered - but not when not. (My sprinklers are not fully working yet ... but I'm working on them as we speak.)

PS: Picturepush seems to now require registration, so, I'm trying flickr instead.

Reply to
Danny D.