What adhesive to glue back concrete chip?

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Reply to
Phisherman

I'd bet a small sum that clear silicone caulk would work nicely. Never tried it, but you want something that will grip the pores of the concrete without adding bulk to the joint., right?

Reply to
Norminn

Depending on the application, either a quick plug hydraulic cement or a masonry-grade epoxy.

Stop by a good full-service hardware store, explain the application, etc.

Puddin'

"Blues starts to rolling ... stops at my front do'. I'm gonna change my way of livin' ... won't have to worry no mo'." - from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934

Reply to
Puddin' Man

There are concrete caulks and glues check your hardware .

Reply to
jim

Since you still have the chipped piece; try a masonry adhesive or an epoxy product.

I would go with a tube masonry adhesive for this small of task.

Reply to
Oren

Thanks to all the replies. I used an epoxy formulated for concrete, made by Loctite, sets in 5 minutes, cures in 24 hours.

Reply to
Phisherman

So you're happy?

Reply to
Oren

Not yet, but thankful you helped. Time will tell if the chip remains in place. Another option would have been to sink steel nails and level the hole with a concrete filler.

Reply to
Phisherman

replying to Phisherman, same problem wrote: Is the epoxy still holding?

Reply to
same problem

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Ya know Unc, I have questions. About 2 months ago the UFO sightings cropped up again. Since then I have not heard a thing.

Were the gerbils flying them?

Have the gerbils controlled the discussion on UFOs?

Do the gerbils own HomemoanersHubless or are they just the users?

Reply to
Tekkie®

IDK about epoxy, and I doubt the poster from years ago is going to reply, but I see in HD that they have adhesives, similar to construction adhesive, for holding garden wall blocks and similar together.

Reply to
trader_4