Way OT Google maps should include the phone number with the directions

It would be nice to have the phone number of the business on Google maps. Even with such good directions you can still manage to get lost driving in big cities.
It would also be useful to have a small box to type notes in. (mostly for the phone number :)

Strange.....the directions show the address but not the phone number, but the printout shows the directions and the phone number.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlanta%20ga&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl
Metspitzer wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlanta%20ga&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl Hmmm Unlisted no. can't be shown.

The link I intended to send was of directions from point A to B. For some reason it only showed a map of Atlanta.
Sometimes I think I should just........Put the mouse down and step away from the computer! :)

Try NOT asking for a map, and often, you'll get a link to one at the top of the search results, along with the phone number. For instance, put this text in your google search box:
aladdin's monroe ave rochester ny
The search engine apparently thinks you want more than just a map, but it's smart enough to provide both.
I drive by that store, now and again. Are you near Rochester?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ah, so you and I can speak some of the same language. The fellow I mentioned who lost pipes, lived a couple blocks south of Silver Stadium. He'd be good with a garbage plate, and likes his cuts from Skips. On the First of the Month, of course. He's also aparently been down on his luck, and slept on the steam pipes under Broad Street.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

We'll take care of that Monday.
Ronald Google
Aren't you the guy who has ads with Hamburgler, and ... oh, that's Ronald McDonald. Nevermind!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Metspitzer wrote:

IIRC, mapquest has that (comment box).
Jon

When you hit "print" on the map- a new window pops up and in the upper right corner there is a small box that has in light colored font; "You can enter notes here"
If you enter notes there, the type disappears and you are left with a clean slate.<g> [I typed/copied over 500 characters in the box- don't know if there is a limit]
Jim

google maps has both. If you search for a list of businesses, it'll put the list at the start of the printout, complete with address and phone numbers.

A question for the group...is there a map site that one can use with a very slow dialup.
At my cabin, I have a landline (no DSL) but no cell and no boardband.
The other question...why are sites hell bent on using so much bandwidth that one can't hardly use them by cell.
Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot.
Thanks
TMT