Way OT: Fort Hood

Page 2 of 3

The same as the (maximum) punishment for murder -- so whether he's a terrorist, or a traitor, or whatever, is not relevant. He committed murder, and can be executed.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 14, 10:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I learned recently of how the patron saint of liberals, Franklin Roosevelt dealt with some folks. Seems back in 42, a couple of guys were found coming ashore in the USA and burying money, supplies, etc. In a few weeks the FBI had rounded up a gang of around 8 as I recall. They were apparently plotting to do sabotage in support of Germany. Two were US citizens, the rest were Germans.
There is a long trail of messages back and forth between FDR and his attorney general, where FDR actively managed the whole affair and made it clear that he wanted to make sure this was dealt with quickly and NOT by a civilian court. At times, his AG even protested that they didn't really have a complete case for espionage. He likened the evidence they did have to that of someone who had gone out and merely bought a gun and argued that alone was not sufficient to prove attempted murder. FDR responded that if anything, they deserved to be paraded around the country in a circus like fashion for all to see before being promptly convicted.
Within a couple months, they were brought before a military tribunal and received the death sentence. FDR commuted the death sentence to terms of 30 years for a couple of them, because they had cooperated and turned in the others. Within about 3 months from the time they came ashore, the executions were carried out.
Add pictures here
✖

Waterboarding first, perhaps? That won't take as long as a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Add pictures here
✖

All sober, educated and well-informed adults figured out earlier in the week that no matter how badly the guy was shot, the authorities would've asked doctors to do anything possible to keep him alive. The reasons are obvious, although apparently not to you.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:43:59 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Too late. It's already been destroyed. Take a look around you. If you are over 60 years old, compare America not to the America that existed when you were 10 years old.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

Add pictures here
✖
wrote Re Re: Way OT: Fort Hood:

There isn't a country that compares to what it was 50 years ago. Mostly, that has been for the better. I could never understand the pictures of watercannon aimed at protesters for civil rights.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

I'm from Birmingham, AL and I would like to point out a little fact that seems to escape the minds of most people outside of the Southeast. The Negro protesters were sprayed with water, not bullets! When are Liberal morons going to comprehend that simple fact. I know people who were there during the hyped up so call race riot. The whole thing encompassed a few square blocks of downtown Birmingham and most of the citizenry had no idea that anything had happened until it was all over and the sky is falling national news media produced their typical extortion of the truth. It is true that terrible things were done to Negro Americans in the past but not by me or my family members. My Southern ancestors were Southern Republicans who were the abolitionists and the Klan members were Democrats who supported slavery. I'll never understand how Democrats have pulled the wool over the eyes of Negro Americans and kept them enslaved with their policies and programs that have made a group American people so dependent on the government that it has destroyed their family groups and culture. Excuse me, I have a lynching to attend. GEEZ!
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

Second that. They say he's paralyzed. The taxpayer will have to spend millions on his recovery.
Add pictures here
✖

Second that. They say he's paralyzed. The taxpayer will have to spend millions on his recovery.
============== hahahaha. You're silly.
Second this: It's worth any amount of money to have him alive for interrogation. Then, if the military court does its job right, he won't be around much longer after the trial.
Add pictures here
✖

I doubt that NYC is all that happy to have it. All that extra security will be essentially an unfunded fed mandate. It will attract every whacko in the world to the city to make a statement. The protesters will tie up resources and make finding the whackos that much harder. These are the guys that the military tribunals were made for. Put them in the middle of an Army base and try the bastards entirely on the Fed's dime. Ft. Irwin, IIRC, is the biggest in area base. Out in the relative middle of nowhere and the defendants would feel right at home on the desert.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

What is wrong with leaving them in Gitmo and be tried there? Oh, I forgot, we are closing Gitmo and letting Russia have the base. They are already moving into Cuba in large numbers. (or haven't you heard)
Add pictures here
✖
Chuck wrote:

The base ain't closing, just the prison. (maybe). The Russians ain't moving in. They are even more broke than Uncle Sam. Where are you hearing all this crap?
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖

the Russians are building a naval base in Venezuela,they would LOVE to have a (ready-made) base right next to the US,able to control the entire Gulf Of Mexico.
BTW,you're out of date about the Russians being "broke";they have been getting lots of revenue from their oil and gas sales.
They've been spending it on rebuilding their military.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The 3%or so that isnt' siphoned off by corruption and sent to Swiss Bank accounts. Article a few days ago about how the Ruskies are finally starting to accrue currency again after having budgeted their government for $80 bbl oil and having gone deeply in the hole..

Even when they don't have it.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.
✖

Why would we relinquish a 99 year lease of this base?!!
Fidel hasn't cashed a check since the Kennedy days. Was the lease for a dollar a year?
Add pictures here
✖

God didn't say "Thou shalt not kill," He said "Thou shalt not murder." If your Bible says the former, you have a poor translation. The "eye for an eye" business means that the punishment should fit the crime. Further, if you study the Decalogue, you'll find there are no punishments for violation of any of the Big Ten.
Now as to Jews, Christians, and Muslims regarding their respective holy books. The Jew's Bible is agnostic regarding heaven and the Jew concentrates on making this world a better place. The Christian wants to go to heaven and, fortunately for him, his sins have been pre-forgiven by the sacrifice of Christ. It's a whole different deal with Islam.
Entrance to Paradise, for the Muslim, must be EARNED. Just about the only way to earn a place in heaven is to expand the reach of Islam. The easiest way to expand the reach of Islam is by subjugating non-believers (the word "Islam" means "submission") or simply killing them.
Add pictures here
✖

Or are you relying upon dozens, hundreds or thousands of translations performed by folks who had their own agenda?
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah? What about subjecting the detainees to Barry Manilow music? Eh?
Well, what about it?
Add pictures here
✖
HeyBub wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:52:27 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

Not if it is Christmas music every day. BTDT
Have court papers to prove it .....
Add pictures here
✖