Wather station

Page 2 of 2

"Wind Speed 0 to 100 mph (displays OFL if outside range)"
Yea but not 101 :-)
Look at the specs on the link page for info. Anything further you have to ask the mfgr. Of course, the way you mount it has to hold up. The wind speed and direction thingys are made of plastic as is the mounting "arm". Doubt it would take a hit from a garbage can.
It's got a 1-Year Manufacturers Warranty. I guess as long as you can show you mounted it adequately you can support a claim. Actually I took a few pics of mine mounted. Plan to post to give an idea of a mounting possibility. That could also serve as showing decent mounting.
Red Green wrote:

Thank You
Lou
Red Green wrote:

Thanks for the link--I was looking at it but didn't see for some reason first time...I'll claim the bifocals were the culprit. :)
Out here I'll be concerned of the longevity in the near-continual 30-40 mph gusting winds where we think anything under 30 is just a gentle breeze. Stuff fatigues quickly under the continually varying loads in general. Our "spinners" are much tighter diameter than the major FL concerns and while it would be interesting, the likelihood of the station itself surviving would be minimal and at least well down among the lesser of one's concerns if directly in the path... :)
dpb wrote:

Sounds like the Dakotas?
Lou
LouB wrote:

Farther south--SW KS...the winds don't blow as consistently farther north, actually. It's what I noticed in ND and Saskatchewan when do coal analyzer support there; the trees _don't_ all lean to the north... :)

like these trees? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divi-divi all the trees on the island point the same way.
charlie wrote:

sorta' to not quite _that_ extreme, even here! :)
Lessee if can find a random pitchur that's kinda' close...
Well, unfortunately, not in a reasonable amount of time given my slow dialup connection, sorry...maybe I can find one of mine and post it somewhere...

Spent a week on Aruba a few decades ago. That one's pretty extreme. Guess I've bent a bit since then too.

re: Spent a week on Aruba a few decades ago
How many is a few? I spent a week there in 81.
I worked for a bank (part time - one day a week) There was a district wide competition to sell some kind of product and our branch won. The whole branch, plus one guest each, went to Aruba for 5 days with the only cost being the bar tab.
I remember that they put the trip down as "income" and it ended up being about a third of my salary for that year!
I took a friend from college - it was actually our 3rd date. I guess it was good idea...we've been married for 26 years.

Somewhere in that timeframe. Met two couples there that we spent time with - Pete & Pat and Ed and Donna.