desoldering station

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

Reply to
geoff

I just bought one .-(

Reply to
Bob Eager

in what way?

How much use is it getting?

Does it work well when in use?

Reply to
John Rumm

The nozzle part of the gun broke off at the handle

Fairly heavy use

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

Reply to
geoff

Heated tip and vacuum

Reply to
geoff

Which one is it? The DURATOOL D00672 looks tempting at £65 ex-vat.

Reply to
Phil Addison

Maybe I will be tempted next CPC order!

I got the hot air rework station. That seems somewhat more precise than using the paint stripper anyway ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Considering the price of a 'decent' make one, somewhat of a bargain. The Pace handset I use cost more on its own.

Whether it will prove cost effective over a more expensive one in the long run, only time will tell.

I had an ancient Royal which soldiered on and on - but tips became impossible to find. And it was very large and noisy. The pump on it looked like something from a dialysis machine. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, if we get 12 months out if one (incl warranty replacements), just over a quid a week's use is not a bad price

Reply to
geoff