Waterproof my basement

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?
lrbtav wrote:

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside. You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Please let me say "amen" to Joseph's statement. BTDT.
Note that sometimes the regional water-table can change also, and there's precious little you can do about that, but man the pumps.
John

Before asking, might want to fill us in on some information.
1. Have you taken all steps to preven water entering your basement from outside?
2. How is the water entering the basement?
3. Do you have a sump?
Etc,etc,etc....
tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm
lrbtav wrote:

lrbtav wrote:

Shovel, LOTS of gravel and plastic pipe are a good start.
lrbtav wrote:

That stuff will stop water. When I paint, over time the pressure will cause the paint to bulge out. I don't think there is any stopping it. The rubber coating should do the same thing. A thick epoxy will probably last the longest. Before a coating is put on, it must be clean and dry.
gs
zekor wrote:

first you MUST redirect water from around the foundation by regrading and LONG downspout lines away from home. keep gutters clean and drains open.
then move indoors with a sump and perimeter drain system, pump sump water well away from home and the perimeter drain must drain all wall block cavities.
the last thing to do is paint the walls with waterproof paint.
I have been thru all of this:(