Waterproof my basement

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Reply to
lrbtav

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside. You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Before asking, might want to fill us in on some information.

  1. Have you taken all steps to preven water entering your basement from outside?
  2. How is the water entering the basement?
  3. Do you have a sump?

Etc,etc,etc....

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to
buffalobill

Shovel, LOTS of gravel and plastic pipe are a good start.

Reply to
RayV

That stuff will stop water. When I paint, over time the pressure will cause the paint to bulge out. I don't think there is any stopping it. The rubber coating should do the same thing. A thick epoxy will probably last the longest. Before a coating is put on, it must be clean and dry.

gs

Reply to
zekor

first you MUST redirect water from around the foundation by regrading and LONG downspout lines away from home. keep gutters clean and drains open.

then move indoors with a sump and perimeter drain system, pump sump water well away from home and the perimeter drain must drain all wall block cavities.

the last thing to do is paint the walls with waterproof paint.

I have been thru all of this:(

Reply to
hallerb

Please let me say "amen" to Joseph's statement. BTDT.

Note that sometimes the regional water-table can change also, and there's precious little you can do about that, but man the pumps.

John

Reply to
barry