Water tastes different out of one faucet

We've just built a new home. Something odd I've noticed about the plumbing. A glass of water from the tap in the upstairs bathroom tastes considerably different from water from any of the other taps in the house. It tastes like water from a garden hose--you know, that kind of vinyl-y taste? I don't think any other water source in the house tastes that way. Made me wonder if they ran out of pipe and used a garden hose to connect the upstairs bathroom.
Jim Beaver
<< Made me wonder if they ran out of pipe and used a garden hose to connect the upstairs bathroom. >>
Have you checked the faucet supply connectors under the lavatory? Might be some odd plastic flex types under there.
Joe
Jim Beaver wrote:

Sure it's not some kind of biological problem? http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/engineer/wtp/maintenance.htm