Water softener resin tank

Our 12 year old softener has stopped working, apparently due to exhaustion of the resin bed. Is there a source for replacement cylinders? The local company that installed it is stonewalling, trying to get us to upgrade to a newer model.

Bob Just another nice basic flake. (and old fart in training)

International Pipe-raising Day, Feb. 20th

Reply to
Bob Landry

You don't need a new tank. THey take em apart, acid wash it and refill with new resin. ITs a fraction of the cost of a new tank. Look in your yellow pages . LAst time mine went (1998) it cost $200 and that was with a refurbished control head.

Reply to
jmagerl

Might try these folks:

Gary hangs out here (this newsgroup) sometimes and is helpful and knowledgeable.

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

I bought a cubic foot of resin for about $100 a couple years ago. My local water guy ordered it for me.

Reply to
gfretwell