Old Tectonics water softener resin tank leaking

I got a free water softener from a guy at work to replace my even older one. After cleaning and bleaching, I hooked it up and everything works fine except for a leak. This is a newer model with the resin tank inside the brine tank.

It's leaking from the seal where the control unit attaches to the resin tank, about 15-20 gallons per day. I can't find anything on the Tectonics brand on Google, except for a few vague references in this group, and I haven't found any relevant posts on fixing this seal on other brands.

Advice? The cost so far has been about 10 bucks at Ace and 8 hours or so of my time, obviously not a big investment since I don't pay myself anything, but I'd rather not buy a new unit if I don't have to. A water guy quoted me $600 for a new one installed (and they would redo the area where the brine is discharged into the ground). I don't remember the specs on the unit.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'm in Central Florida and I have a well, so I definitely need a softener. I don't know the hardness of the water, except that it is moderately hard.

Reply to
Ed

Ed Posted a message back in 2004 about tectonics water softener. I jus

inherited one and don't know how to set the stupid thing. Anyone kno how to get some instructions? Please email me or respond to thi message. Thank you

-- mattskig

Reply to
mattskig