Wall paint for projection TV

What color would you use for a projection TV wall? I'm thinking glossy white but not sure if it should really be flat white, eggshell, or some other color altogether.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I would suggest projection screen material. The difference will be very noticeable and the real screen material will win out. What screen material might be best would depend on the output of the projector, the seating in the room and the lighting conditions in the room.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

They actually make a paint for projecting on. I don't have links or names, but i know it exists.

Reply to
Steve Barker

here's one example.

Steve Barker

black

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Oh wow, thanks the the link.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Everything you could possibly want to know, and more, about DIY screens--The AVS Forums DIY Screen Section:

This forum is a lot easier to read if you scroll to the bottom of the screen and change the screen color to white.

Reply to
Karl S

I'll check that out, thank you.

Reply to
Eigenvector

The wall I project onto is yellow. And the whiters are still very white. Try it out on the wall before you go and paint anything.

Reply to
HotRdd