Projection Hinges

I can find Parliament hinges in B&Q, but I really want projection hinges - tried B&Q, Focus, Homebase. Running out of ideas now. I found one place on line, but they want about £16 a pair.

See the following for a description:

Paper2002AD

architrave, hinges. But you may find that parliament hinges are slightly thinner in the centre than straight projection hinges, and, because of this difference, you may need are slightly larger size. But they do the same job really.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks for that - I realise that parliament hinges will do the job, but they stick out more than I would like when closed, hence the search for projection ones. Tks again

Reply to
Paper2002AD

they do the same job

Ah Ha!!! With you on that. It's best to try a real ironmonger for proper projection hinges, or similar, because I don't think any of the major DIY stores have even heard of such things. :-))

Good luck with your search.

Reply to
BigWallop

I don't see any reason why a parliament hinge should stick out more than a projection hinge, unless it's a quetion of commonly available sizes - but given your difficulty in finding projection hinges...

Reply to
Neil Jones

online catalogue is a bit of a pain to navigate, and they don't actually list projection hinges on it, but if you give them a call they are normally very helpful and may be able to source some for you or suggest alternatives from their stock.

Reply to
RichardS

had no idea that they were commercially available. I just brazed an extra strip of metal onto each leaf of standard hinges and drilled the appropriate holes - they lasted OK !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I am suitably impressed!