wall oven controls question

is it possible to disable the self cleaning function in an electric oven? This is for a rental unit, and I'm not comfortable with a tenant using the self clean cycle. thanks bill
bill allemann wrote:

Why, all it does is get hotter than normal cooking and lock the latch to prevent the door from being opened?
George wrote:

Hi, I think he is CHEAP! Wanna save some on utility bill. Cleaning cycle uses quite a bit of electricity. Other reason maybe he likes dirty oven, LOL!
says...

Not all that much. According to: http://www.mcecoop.com/your_home/calculator.html it's about 5kWh ($.60 here) per month.

He likes to clean up after his tenants? That's sick! ;-)
--
Keith

an incident at a friends house recently: there didn't seem to be all that much residue in the oven, but it darned near burned the place down. They pulled the unit the next day.
btw, a good answer for you might have been "I don't know".

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:40:17 GMT, "bill allemann"

Advice here is worth as much as you pay for it.
Is there a separate switch for self-cleaning? If so, then yes.
Otherwise, you might consider continuous cleaning next time. (although then you'll have to keep them from cleaining it and taking off the continuous finish.)