wall of green

i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford me a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that i can plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness? not sure of my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i want to plant in is more shady than not. thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Look up English Laurel or many of the Cypress varieties.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

go to your local plant store.

Reply to
Steve B

Arborvita, there are dwarf varieties. Personally, these do not look good after they are trimmed.

Reply to
Phisherman

That laurel can be very high maintainence over time. It grows FAST.

Reply to
Bob F

I agree that Laurel can be a _maintenance_ nightmare, but the OP specifically asked for "fast growing" plants. I have a rental property with a Laurel hedge in front. The tenants trim it a couple of times per year. Every several years I take it down to the ground with a chainsaw. It's well established and always grows back, but I'm almost to the point of replacing it with some slower growing variety of Cypress or Yew, or perhaps Boxwood which grows much slower.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

The OP could slao go to a garden group like rec.gardens

Reply to
hrhofmann