Planting Privet Hedges

When planting a North Privet hedge how close is to close? I've read they are generally planted 1 - 3 feet apart.

My hedge is going to be 3 feet tall and 1 - 2 feet wide. I want a dense hedge so I was thinking about planting 6 inches apart. Is there anything wrong with this?

The plants I've been buying are 1 - 3 feet tall rootings. Should I cut then back so they are uniform is size? If so when should I cut them back?

Reply to
Mike

We got a nice thick hedge by planting them 2 1/2' apart. Trim them all the same height when you plant them. Keep them watered the first month or so if rain fails.

Reply to
Manelli Family