Wagner XTRA Paint Crew paint sprayer

Reply to
nospambob

Hi Peoples: I'm getting ready to paint a 2100 sqft house inside and out. I would like to buy a sprayer to do the house with as I have problems with my hands that make using a brush difficult.

I know the little Wagner sprayer is junk but I am wondering if the bigger unit is worth buying. I found this one at home depot for $178.00 which seems like a bargain if it actually works.

Opinions? Better suggestions that wont break the bank?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I bought a Wagner a while back when I built my house...$500-600. Worked fine, blew 20 gallons an hour IIRC.

Didn't use it on the outside, it was easier to roll/brush than to mask/spray. I did use it inside as all the windows were still masked from spraying drywall texture. Unless your house is empty - no furniture/carpet/tile/cabinets/etc. - I think you'd do better rolling. YMMV.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

I bought a sprayer 10 years ago. It is an real pain in the ass inside. Mask and seal everything. If you have some help on masking and removal it is not so bad. What you save in time painting is used up in masking and removal. costs are about the same as rolling. Outside it shines, however masking and leaving the tape on over night is an really bad idea. If you can mask and paint and remove all in a couple of hours your ok. Trick is once your done painting/spraying you need to get busy cleaning the sprayer. If you do not your buying pistons and parts because the paint clogged everything up.

If your doing large areas with no cutting in then the sprayer works well. I like it on ceilings, I just remove everything from the room and then seal the door with plastic and tape. Rollers really do have their place especially for doors when you use the shiny stuff.

A eager helper makes it go pretty fast and good. The pros usually use 2 guys to prep and remove to every painter.

Reply to
SQLit