Wagner sprayer for baseboards

I have just pulled the baseboards and want to repaint them before reinstalling them.Has anyone used a wagner wide shot to paint trim before it is installed? Can you really spray without thinning satin latex. Thanks

Reply to
Bead Runner

Wagner = Crapner

Reply to
m Ransley

You're being generous. Biggest POS I've ever used. I wouldn't use it to paint someone else's outhouse, much less something in my house.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

(Bead Runner) asks:

While the peanut gallery has weighed in on the merits of Wagner (presumably the hand-held model) sprayers I'd not bother with a sprayer in this situation. Just lay the trim flat and side-by-side and roll it out. Spraying's overkill for such a small job, set up and cleanup time outweighs the speed of application.

I've used a Wagner before and IME it will spray flats w/o thinning but not much else.

If you go with the Wagner make sure to thin using that "viscosity measure" stick they provide.

Best,

Marc Wagner has it

Reply to
MrAoD

I have a Wagner gun. Worst investment I ever made. Makes lots of noise, but does a lousy spray job. Roller or brush is faster, neater, better.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I agree Wagner is junk.

Reply to
Ace

I have a Wagner. It's way too much trouble cleaning up after using. I would roll it on and if necessary, smooth out the uneven places. Lots less trouble than spraying.

Reply to
Dorot29701

I used to work at a big box and for every wagner we sold we got two returned THATS HOW BAD THEY ARE!!!

AZCRAIG

Reply to
cm