New toilet not staying full

Just installed a new Kohler Cimarron toilet in a rennovated bathroom. When I flush it seems as though both the tank and bowl fill but then once the tank is done and shuts off the bowl starts to drain and I hear water trickling until the bowl is almost empty. Anyone able to offer a suggestion as to what's happening?

thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian

Does the toilet have an air vent?

Possible vacuum?

Reply to
Russ

If all (or almost all) of the water drains out, there may be a crack/flaw in the bowl and the water is just leaking out. Slowly pour water in the bowl until a normal water level is attained. If the water level drops, there is a problem with the bowl. If the water level stays the same then you have a vent problem.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Not necessarily. The crack could be in the innards. In other words it drains into the pipe. Anything is possible, but I suspect the siphoning as I and others mentioned before.

Reply to
maradcliff

Put some food coloring in the tank to see where its going.

Reply to
Rudy