vinyl siding primer, latex or oil?

You'll never see a pro painter using a paint stick because loading the roller is not where you lose time unless you're loading the roller the wrong way or you have the wrong roller cover.

How do you cut in with a paint stick? If you're not cutting in, you're not painting the ceiling - you're painting most of the ceiling. If you're only painting most of the ceiling and it still blends in with the old paint, you didn't have to paint the ceiling in the first place.

RicodJour

The paint stick is to control splatter, save time. Not having to load the roller saves a MASSIVE amount of time. I use a brush to cut in, of course. How else would you paint the 1.5 inches of the ceiling next to the molding? It takes about 15-20 minutes to outline a room. That's about 80 percent of the time used to paint the ceiling. The paint stick can paint the rest in about 10 minutes. That's the beauty of the paint stick, duh.

I've spent about 20 hours total painting the ceilings in my house over the last 22 years. Not exactly a lot of time.

I've installed vinyl. I have vinyl. I would NEVER paint it. Might as well install clad boards if you want to paint every 3 years.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9B0396988BC71RedGreen@

216.168.3.70:

No input on this one? There MUST be some alternative when latex is out of the question.

Reply to
Red Green