vinyl siding primer, latex or oil?

Page 2 of 2

The guy who installed my windows was asked about quoting for new vinyl siding. It was faded and looked terrible. He said I could pay him a load of cash to remove the old and install the new or I could just paint it. I cleaned the siding with TSP and pressure washer. I let it dry a week. I used Benjamin Moore 100% acrylic flat. No primer. I made sure I lifted out the siding overlap painting in 2" underneath for expansion. The finish was that good it's hard to determine if it's wood or vinyl. 5 years later - no peeling or fading. Can clean it with a pressure washer. Looks great and I saved a load of cash. BTW I anticipate I will get longer out of this paint job than if I painted over wood siding.
jim wrote:

The next time it needs painting how you gonna scrape that vinyl?
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

With a scraper or a wire brush.
You're basing imagined problems based on something you've never done.
RicodJour wrote:

I've installed vinyl. I have vinyl. I would NEVER paint it. Might as well install clad boards if you want to paint every 3 years.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8