Vinyl Siding

Vinyl Siding can devalue your Home and make it less desirable.
Vinyl Siding is highly flamable and toxic fumes can kill you before you have a chance to escape a building fire.
Vinyl Siding Leaks and Toxic Mold can flourish behind it.
Vinyl Siding has to be frequently replaced because it fades and becomes brittle.
Vinyl Siding Cracks easily.
Vinyl Siding is not energy efficient. (Myth #1 Shattered)
Vinyl Siding can become a maintenance nightmare.
...And the VSI even states that it is only a "Supplemental Rain Screen."---WOW
http://fourseasonsroofingandsiding.com/the.truth.about.vinyl.siding.htm
Terrible way to promote yourself.
I'm sticking with the vinyl on my house. I just love it.
another spammer, and abuse report filed
losthenfound wrote:

The one thing worse than vinyl siding is a SPAMer. Why would anyone buy from this kind of guy.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
//Vinyl Siding can devalue your Home and make it less desirable.
Why would that be? Clean siding looks better than nothing
//Vinyl Siding is highly flamable and toxic fumes can kill you before you //have a chance to escape a building fire.
So dont use it on the inside of the house!
//Vinyl Siding Leaks and Toxic Mold can flourish behind it.
No siding is waterproof. It needs to breath
//Vinyl Siding has to be frequently replaced because it fades and becomes //brittle.
Keep on buying that Home Depot stuff!
Vinyl Siding Cracks easily.
In about -10 degrees and a good ice ball it will. Again keep on buying that Home Depot stuff
//Vinyl Siding is not energy efficient. (Myth #1 Shattered)
No siding is energy efficent. That's why we use insulation
//Vinyl Siding can become a maintenance nightmare
Ever try painting or staining wood siding every few years? Its no fun either way around.
Aluminum siding is way more durable, and can be repainted to look like new.
On 7 Mar 2006 11:21:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You got that right. I realize this message started as spam, but there is much truth to what was said about vinyl. I read that whole site, and some of the links from it. I really must agree. In one part they said that several vinyl homes in a row makes the neighborhood look like a trailer park. That is so true. I haev always thought it was extremely ugly, and I have seen it melt off the building from a nearby fire, and saw what happened when a friend hit his vinyl garage with a plastic snow shovel. (big hole). As for the melted siding, I had to laugh. A house was sold in a commercial area to be torn down and used to build a store. This was a corner property and the garage was around the corner. The neighbor bought the garage, planning to put it on rollers and roll it across his lot line. The fire dept burned the old house for practice. They never realized that although the garage was a sizable distance away, that the siding would melt off the garage. It did, and the FD ended up paying for replacement siding. I saw the results. A large pile of melted plastic on the ground with some pieces still hanging off the garage.
I used to live in a home with aluminum siding and it was durable and lasted forever. Big difference from vinyl.
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:21:49 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

But it's bad for radio reception and tv rabbit ears reception, and I'm told for cell phone reception and transmission.

Of course this means it was real plastic and not something like high densifty fiberboard painted to look like vinyl. :)

Vinyl siding can also be repainted. How durable is durable? Mine is 28 years old and still looks good. I figure another 10+ years for it. Maybe then I'll paint it.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The paint is pealing off the steel or aluminum siding on a house across the street. Looks terrible. House next to it with 15 year old Vinyl looks like newly painted wood.
A very good friend was ANTI SIDING, espically vinyl till her hubby installed some in a hard to reach area.
free of repainting, happy with the added insulation making the bedroom warmer, and generally thrilled she wants her entire home resided with vinyl!
Brick is better but vinyl is fine!

Mine is 14 years old. It takes a beating from the sun. The only maintenance I've ever done is to clean it, and it cleans *very* easily.
Funny how the original poster tried knocking vinyl but the posters love it:)
Funny how dogs chase cars till they get hit

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

have kids that like to play ball, or throw things outside. It is not flexible longitudinally and cannot be removed and replaced without damaging it, and having to buy new pieces if you wanted to add an addition, or doing other alterations to the outside. Does it still chalk easily? I remember that I couldn't lean against it without getting white chalk on my hands or clothing. I haven't seen any houses with aluminum siding in a long time. You can paint vinyl siding with an appropriate paint. My vinyl siding is over 20 years old and doesn't need painting yet.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY