Vessel Sink Pop Up Drain

I am installing a Vessel sink with Pop Up Drain. I have purchased a pop up drain, but my sink has an overflow and my drain doesn't. In looking at pictures it seems the pop up drains with overflow just has a
hole cut in the drain assembly, if so can I just cut a hole in mine? or
am I simplifying the differences too much?
I am installing a Vessel sink with Pop Up Drain. I have purchased a pop up drain, but my sink has an overflow and my drain doesn't. In looking at pictures it seems the pop up drains with overflow just has a hole cut in the drain assembly, if so can I just cut a hole in mine? or am I simplifying the differences too much?
If it's between the gaskets a hole will work. j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On 28 Aug 2006 13:06:57 -0700, j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

My vessel sink on top of the counter needed a non-overflow tail pipe. Change the tale pipe if the manufacturer indicates.
Oren