Tarnished or Corroded Sink Flange/Pop Up Drain?

Hi. Maybe a week or so ago I was noticing those pesky gnats around my sink drain in the bathroom. Without thinking I poured down two capfuls of bleach down the drain, thinking it would kill off the boogers. I didn't think to dilute the bleach and this was the first time I used the bleach in the sink. My sink is porcelain, but I think I might have ruined the sink flange? I did turn on the water very quickly after I did the bleach but there is little spots around the flange. I didn't pay attention to see if the spots were there before the bleach, but the other sink in the bathroom doesn't have spots like this. Does this mean it's corroded? My house was built in 1994, so it is 23 years old, but never had repairs to the sink drain. The sink flange is brass plated. Is there any way I can save it without buying a new one? It's been eating away at me since it happened because I'm ready for my mom to be angry with me when she happens to notice it as I let her know I did do the bleach. It doesn't look so bad, but will it get worse or will the surface stay the same? Thanks for any replies.
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:44:05 AM UTC-4, AlisonG wrote:

Most likely they were there all along. A few seconds of bleach will not harm a normal sink drain. Nothing to do now, if you don't like it, put in a new one.