Hi. Maybe a week or so ago I was noticing those pesky gnats around my sink drain
in the bathroom. Without thinking I poured down two capfuls of bleach down the
drain, thinking it would kill off the boogers. I didn't think to dilute the
bleach and this was the first time I used the bleach in the sink. My sink is
porcelain, but I think I might have ruined the sink flange? I did turn on the
water very quickly after I did the bleach but there is little spots around the
flange. I didn't pay attention to see if the spots were there before the bleach,
but the other sink in the bathroom doesn't have spots like this. Does this mean
it's corroded? My house was built in 1994, so it is 23 years old, but never had
repairs to the sink drain. The sink flange is brass plated. Is there any way I
can save it without buying a new one? It's been eating away at me since it
happened because I'm ready for my mom to be angry with me when she happens to
notice it as I let her know I did do the bleach. It doesn't look so bad, but
will it get worse or will the surface stay the same? Thanks for any replies.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.