Vegetable Oil on Sidewalk Pavers??

Hi-
Family INSISTED on deep-fried Turkey for Christmas.
A little too much oil in the fry pot & it overflowed. Now, I have several square feet of paver stone coated in deep-fry oil.
Any recommendations on what to use to remove it??
Thanks for any help!
Van
Detergent and scrubbing ? I had some peanut oil on the garage floor when i bought this house, idiots before me were way into turkey frying and were sloppy with it.
Did the same on my patio and on some pavers as well. Get a bottle of Dawn, and a scrub brush, or nylon (plastic) bristle broom. Wet the area down, pour on some dawn and scrub it in and rince it off. You'll be suprised.
Darrell
Hi-<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Family INSISTED on deep-fried Turkey for Christmas.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; A little too much oil in the fry pot &amp; it overflowed.&nbsp; Now, I have several <BR>&gt; square feet of paver stone coated in deep-fry oil.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Any recommendations on what to use to remove it??<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks for any help!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Van <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</BODY></HTML>
------=
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 20:58:25 -0500, "Darrell Dorsey"
Dawn must be different from other stuff, because it makes my cuts hurt.

If you can't get it off, pour oil over the whole thing so it will match.

Until recently, it was the only dish detergent that wasn't advertised to have any stupid characteristics, like cutesy scents, or the ability to make hands softer. It was the closest thing to some of the harsher commercial products. The original Dawn is still this way. You can probably degrease an engine with it.

My brother works for Union Pacific as and engine mechanic. They use Dawn in industrial quantities as a degreaser and for general grease cleanup of floors. He was the one that told me to use it to clean up the patio on one of our thanksgivings.
Darrell

Darrell Dorsey wrote:

For degreasing, dawn isn't work crap compared to Simple Green. I've used both on a number of applications including cleaning engines and cleaning wheels.
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:40:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

I used to do it. Dawn was the mechanic's friend, pure detergent, Ask for it by name. ;-)

Tide powder is also quite good. My mechanic uses it to clean difficult oil spots on his shop floor. He sprinkles some powder on the spot, then mists it to make a thick paste. Let's it sit for a while, then hits it with a boat deck brush (on a broom handle).