Removing vegetable oil

I spilt some neat vegetable oil on a white shirt.

Despite soaking in soda and biological powder, a little of the stain remains.

I've tried soaking in hot water as well.

How can I remove this.

Thanks

Reply to
Zzaaarathustra

Clueless

Reply to
Clueless

Mix a paste of equal parts Clorox II powder, Dove dishwashing detergent, and hot water. Apply the paste to the stain, wait 10 minutes and launder the shirt in the warmest allowable wash setting. HTH

Reply to
Phisherman

Yes, I would use something with dish detergent, or just dish detergent by itself if you don't want to use harsh bleach. Dish detergent cuts grease on dishes so why not on clothes? :)

Reply to
julisue

Thanks

I'll try that

Reply to
Zzaaarathustra

When I finally realize that nothing I have done helps, and that the item will be ruined if the spot remains, I use Oxy Carpet Cleaner (or some brand with oxy in the name.) It has worked for me. However, I don't think oil stains have been included in this. I just haven't had a spot with that recently.

Good luck---- Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas

I'll bet it was a polyunsaturate. Some polyunsaturates begin to get gummy quickly when exposed to oxygen. Paint thinner or petroleum jelly can dissolve gummy stuff.

Reply to
sawney beane