Installing Ceiling Light Fixture

Can anyone tell me how to install a ceiling light fixture? I bought one of those flush mounted fixtures, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the darn thing mounted. The problem is, in order to install the base, you have to screw it into the socket in the ceiling. But then the wires, on the fixture, get twisted around the screw to the point that you can on longer twist the light fixure anymore.

Reply to
Jerry Okamura

You never twist wires around, in the process. Take some pictures or describe in detail, the parts of the fixture and what's on the ceiling (electrical box)

Reply to
RBM

buffalobill

I had the same problem... went from store to store buying different parts, threaded pipe, round casing etc. to enable me to (re)install the fixture. There was a round hole and a 1/2 inch square bar that ran across the middle of it, along with the wires, one black and one white. I finally got it up, and it hasn't fallen yet.... more then a month, but I still have my fingers crossed. (smile) It looks like it should be so EASY.......

Reply to
paol