Unsticking a corner cabinet carousel

If all goes well, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. The house passed a detailed structural inspection with a few things we need to look into but nothing serious. One major annoyance is that the kitchen cabinets have a corner carousel that operates only with difficulty. What is there to clean or oil? I can't find any generic directions on fixing this sort of thing and I've never had one in my house before.
Christopher Nelson wrote:

Has it been painted? Look closely, there may be a few set screws holding the works together.

No, no paint.
Christopher Nelson wrote:

May have been stiff since it was installed. My guess is they installed it in the base unit, there's a rod that slips through the round shelves and sits inside a base of some sort, then they then installed the counter top and sandwiched it in. Take a close look at the ends where it's attached somehow to the base or under the counter. Maybe a spot there to spray some WD40.
If you decide you want it out entirely you could remove it easily enough by cutting the rod.