Unsticking a corner cabinet carousel

If all goes well, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. The house passed a detailed structural inspection with a few things we need to look into but nothing serious. One major annoyance is that the kitchen cabinets have a corner carousel that operates only with difficulty. What is there to clean or oil? I can't find any generic directions on fixing this sort of thing and I've never had one in my house before.

Reply to
Christopher Nelson

Has it been painted? Look closely, there may be a few set screws holding the works together.

Reply to
Manster

No, no paint.

Reply to
Christopher Nelson

May have been stiff since it was installed. My guess is they installed it in the base unit, there's a rod that slips through the round shelves and sits inside a base of some sort, then they then installed the counter top and sandwiched it in. Take a close look at the ends where it's attached somehow to the base or under the counter. Maybe a spot there to spray some WD40.

If you decide you want it out entirely you could remove it easily enough by cutting the rod.

Reply to
Manster