unrolling solar cover from reel

We have a kidney shaped pool (16x32). We bought a solar blanket & reel. The directions say for a kidney shaped pool put reel about 1/3 or a little more from the end of the pool & pull up a 3 inch fold in the cover, straight down from reel & attach your gorments on to the cover & to the reel. The problem is they say when unrolling cover let it unwind both directions to lay out cover. we are not having any luck with this at all. Can anyone help?
On 8/17/2013 3:44 PM, hairstyler wrote:

Can u post a link to the instructions?
Is the reel stationary?
replying to gonjah , hairstyler wrote:

The reel is on wheels but can be locked. I've never posted a link before ,so here goes. Hope it works.http://www.glipoolproducts.com/assets/manual/%20storm_installinstructions_web.pdf Page #4
replying to hairstyler, hairstyler wrote:

works.http://www.glipoolproducts.com/assets/manual/%20storm_installinstructions_web.pdf
I just tried the link & it is the first listing. Thanks
On 8/17/2013 7:44 PM, hairstyler wrote:

You attach the cover to the pole using the figure d and f on page 4. When you wind the cover up it will unwind the opposite way.
The parts to attach the cover are on page 2 in the bottom right hand corner. If you're having trouble with parts 13 and 14 let us know. With mine I used something sharp to poke a hole in the cover for the plastic "screw". Then attach part 12 through 16 as shown on page 4. You may have to burn the edges of the straps to keep them from unraveling after you cut them to size. Don't over burn because it will be hard to get them through the plastic plate (13).
If it's not making sense, walk away and come back later. It's really pretty simple. Those directions are a little confusing.
If you haven't used a solar cover before: Don't leave it on all the time. If you have a chlorine pool, don't use when the chlorine is high. Don't use it as a winter cover. The chemicals will just eat it up. They only last a few years depending on the quality you selected.