Undercoat recommendation?

I have need of an undercoater/primer that will sand very, very easily and which can be applied over epoxy. Preferably one that is generally available at brand name paint stores or home improvement centers.
Thanks...
-- dadiOH ____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

What's the application? If you rough up the surface of epoxy most primers will bite. You could try Benjamin Moore's Fresh Start - comes in several flavors. It has added resins to increase the adhesion - you can paint over gloss paint and formica with it.
RicodJour wrote:

Boat.
Thanks, I'll check on it. Mainly, I want a heavy bodied, easy sanding undercoat to smooth out the epoxy surface before top coating. Even though the epoxy will be sanded it will still need smoothing...lots easier to smooth undercoat than epoxy.
Is there any reason you can't use automotive primer surfacer? It's made specifically for covering up small imperfections and is very easy to sand. However primer sealer is another matter and stays sticky and gummy for days or even weeks.
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

No, auto body primer/surfacer is what I'll use if I can't find another. Reasons it isn't first choice are that it is normally lacquer based and meant for spraying (prefer to brush in this case) and it is pricey.