Jack of all trades primer, sealer, undercoat --- master of none?

I wonder whether anyone has tried the 3-in-1 primer, sealer and undercoat from International Paints (see http://www.international-paints.co.uk/multisurface.html )? It claims to seal bare plaster as well as prime/undercoat wood and metal. As I have only a bit of plaster to seal and a bit of wood to prime/undercoat, buying individual sealer, primer and undercoats will result in a lot of wastage (even if I buy a combined primer/undercoat for the wood and a separate sealer for the plaster), so the all in one sounds attractive. However, I'd rather not have my paint peeling off a couple of years down the line because of a dodgy base layer which is neither one thing nor the other.
Any experiences / thoughts?
Thanks, Mike
Michael Brewer wrote in message ...

Any oil based undercoat will do this. About 4 for 500ml in any shed.