painting: instead of a primer?

In these austere times, I'ld like to use up some of the many tins of paint I have in the shed, rather than go out and buy more.

I've got to prime the fresh wooden slats (pine) of a garden seat, before giving them several coats of gloss paint.

I've got no primer in the shed, but I do have a whole tin of "Stainblock" and a whole tin of "AquaSeal Damp Proofer".

Can I use either of these as the primer?

Or will they so seal up the wood that it will rot inside the coating?

Thanks.

Eddy.

Reply to
Eddy

the gloss will do that much better when it starts to crack

Regards

Reply to
TMC