TV Antanna

Just bought a house in the outskirts and there is a tower outside but the antanna is broken on it. I can still pick up about a dozen channels on it, but think I could get more with a functional antanna. Can anyone recommend a good one to me? I live in Ottawa, Ontario and Have hear about sho-gun antanna's are good. Any help appreciated. Thanks,
I guess cost is a small factor, not really unless its VERY expensive, but willing to spend up to 200$ or so,

more
...and with an *antenna*, your results would be even better;-)
Doc

more
If you live just outside Ottawa, the 12 channels you get are the 12 local channels (4, 6, 9, 13, 24, 30, 34, 40 from the tower at Camp Fortune, and 11, 43, 60, 65 from the Rogers tower in Osgoode). In April, there will be two more local stations, 14 amd 32.
If you're looking for more stations, you may get the CKWS relays on 26 or 36, as well as PBS on 18 or 57, depending where in the outskirts of Ottawa you are. And a large antenna should pick up CBS and ABC from Watertown.
Which stations do you get now, and how well do they come in?
What is broken about the antenna? Which way is it pointed and where are you)? Can you describe the shape and size of the antenna? Do you have a rotor.
The answers to these questions can help determine what other stations you might get. I have seen a lot of shogun and Terk-type antennas around the ourskirts of Ottawa, so they must be good for something.
William in Nepean, south of Ottawa
and Have

Hi William, Thanks for your response,
All the stations you mentioned (4, 6, 9, 13, 24, 30, 34, 40, 11, 43, 60, 65) I am getting now.. Some are fuzzy, some are perfect.. I think I might have even a couple more.. clicktv.com or http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/zipcode.asp?partner_id=national And you enter in the postal code for Casselman which is K0A 1M0 and it will tell you all the tv guide for the air channels out there... pretty neat I tell you.. I am in the outskirts of Casselman, near Larose Forest. 50kms east of Ottawa And my antenna is the horizontal steel pipe style with all the pipes going across it Kinda like this:
| | | | | | |__|___|___|___|____| | | | | | | | | | | | |
Sorry for the bad picture lol
Yes it has a rotor on it, but doesn't seem to work... The chanel master box in the house seems to work when plugged in, but the antenna doesn't move with it..?? It is currently pointed North/East, but like I said, there is only half of the antenna left, the other half is broken off, probably due to the ice storm I presume...

the
60,
local
but
www.antennaperformance.com
sx wrote:

That site barely has enough information to even call it a website. Did you just type "antenna" in Google and post up the link or something?

the
more
Have
but