Trimming door jam for floor tile

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.
Is it possible that YOU have tried this and would have a link to a place that carries the blade?
In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.
Also, about how high above the tile should I trim the jam? (I'm using ceramic tiles on a concrete slab)
Thanks.
Lewis.

dags jamb saw.

They are made. Last time I bought one about $20. Try looking for a local floor-covering wholesaler. I can provide you with a local place that might ship it to you but you are looking at wait time and extra cost.
Colbyt
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Why not just rent a power jamb saw? That way you can get a clean, straight cut.
On 1/14/2005 3:08 PM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Instead of taking a chance of injuring yourself using the wrong tool, how about a hand held saw made for the purpose. Takes about 1 or 2 minutes per jamb. Available at HD or Lowes. #336 on this page: http://www.tiletool.net/Undercut_Saws.asp
--
Bill

I have a floor installer friend who was using an angle grinder with a toothed saw blade to do just what you propose.
He lost permanent use of one thumb and had over 100 stitches and was off work for over 6 months. He told me he had done the same thing lots of times before.
I agree with others. A hand saw on a scrap of the new flooring or a dedicated saw with the proper guards!!!
Carpenter for over 40 years - lots of scars, but I do still have all ten. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying. <<<<<
Well, I gave up on this idea and used the hand saw that is made for the job.
Its not as difficult as I had thought and, when I hit a nail, I picked up my hacksaw to finish the cut.
Lewis.
*********

I don't know about grinders, but there is a hand saw made for that. It has an offset handle, cost about $10